View Single Post
Old 03-18-2017, 07:36 AM
Mark Ness

Do you guys think PSA looks at your past orders to see if you have sent in the same cards prior, hoping for a higher grade? The reason I am asking is because I have a few cards I've sent in several times with poor outcome.

For example, I purchased a robin young rookie PSA 8.5 certified high end thru PWCC I thought might get bumped to a 9. The card looks better than a PSA 9 I own. I sent it to PSA raw after cracking it out in hopes of getting an honest evaluation of a PSA 9 but it came back an 8 (.5 lower).

So I cracked it again and resent it raw, but this time asked for a minimum grade of 8.5...only this time it came back trimmed!!! I sent it in one more time with the same result (trimmed). I don't understand how it goes from 8.5 to 8 to trimmed to trimmed again a 2nd time. I understand grading is subjective but those results are all over the place. I don't see how it can be considered trimmed if the first two times it received a numeric grade (almost mint). I can't see anywhere it could be trimmed. The borders are extremely clean and all the corners are razor sharp.

So my question is does PSA look at my previous orders to see I keep resubmitting this yount over and over and can see it came back trimmed twice so are they are automatically being bias before grading it again?