View Single Post
Old 04-22-2012, 09:29 AM
Joe H
Joe He.rne

Quote:
Originally Posted by mighty bombjack View Post
Hopefully what's next is that more people recognize what glchen has recognized above, that a letter from JSA merely tells what they believe. Most here, including myself, believe that the cut shown above wasn't signed by Mathewson. That, too, is just a belief. The buyer may have formed their own opinion, or they may have blindly taken Spence's. It doesn't really matter to me, because while I need and want a Mathewson in my collection, I don't want that one.
Going to agree with that. Some people have enough money not to care, some people don't do their own research, and some people base their opinions on years of being in the hobby. The bottom line is, never pay more for something than it is worth to you. So if you believe this is fake, it's probably worth zero. If you think it's fake and also believe it has value due to JSA saying it's real, then buy accordingly, and if you think it's resoundingly real, then the value is higher...

The only caution is if you're buying as an investment, or to turn a profit, this would not be the matty for you, because even with the JSA, a lot of knowledgeable buyers won't touch it.

Last edited by phikappapsi; 04-22-2012 at 09:30 AM.