View Single Post
Old 11-29-2016, 06:43 PM
Keith
ke.ith tem.ple

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMayUSA6060 View Post
Keith -

Thank you very much for the advice. Are you suggesting to go with graded for the entire set?

Definitely going to get myself into Frank's Monster thread. I've been reading through that thread. Pretty impressive what some people have.
I am saying a graded card gives you a collectible that is darn near a commodity, with a clearly definable market value. And the flip does a pretty good job of maintaining that condition. Some cards are museum worthy pieces of art and are an honor to own, even for a short period. And yeah, I did the Registry bit for a while, not just with T 206 but a nice T201 and Clemente collection. But I digress.

To be honest, the Monster cards I presently own are nearly all ungraded, warts and all, and are a joy to handle. I am also a fan of cards with backstamps and handwriting. Just something about a card that was well loved over the last hundred or so years. Something timeless about that.

I did not get caught up in a firm minimum condition, as I found, for example, I cared little for the southern league cards or cards with print defects. I bought cards I liked and could afford. Registration is everything for me. Thankfully I am not OCD so centering I could overlook on occasion.

Take your time, enjoy the ride.
...whatever I want

Last edited by drmondobueno; 11-29-2016 at 06:44 PM.