View Single Post
Old 04-10-2018, 01:08 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
There are certain cards that are exempt from that. Mantle being one of them. Try it with a high grade Gabby Hartnett and see if you get the same results.

A fair point, Robert, but I never purchase a high-grade unless I'm fairly certain I can resell it for at least what I paid...I've been caught by not sticking to that in the paste, so I usually stick in the EX-5 range for pre-war, 6 or 7 for post-war.

IMO - I agree with the prior post in which it was state that you only held the card in question for two weeks and still made a little...that's almost day-trader planning.

Again, IMO Baseball cards are like stocks in that you frequently have to hold until the time is just right.

My issue is that I frequently buy Baseball cards emotionally, rather than rationally, which is when I get in trouble.

All apologizes to Gabby Harnett fans out there.

-Raymond

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente