View Single Post
Old 03-16-2006, 12:14 PM
Administrator

Default Mystery Of The T206 Honus Wagner Uncut Proof Strip

Posted By: David

I am definitely interested in growing my own mind about counterfeits when there are so many different variations out there......how else would I ever know I am bidding on the real thing? So yes, it's an absolute necessity these days to know the difference. Also, I am not out to sue anyone.....I think the piece is pretty cool, and bought it cheap.
And to Jay, that's exactly what I thought. The reason I was so confused when this thread was first started is that, under a microscope, the print didn't match anything I was seeing on cards......early lithography-modern/or laser, ink-jet dot matrix like most people in this forum were telling me it was. So, it led me to question further why someone would go through the more complex process of burning plates and, "what not" for silk screening. If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

p.s. I did learn that the 1930's Goudeys were made with "inexact" silkscreen process.....interesting, huh? Anyone know more about this? Someone must of had some pretty "interesting" equipment to make the T206 Honus Reprint I have. There's no doubt about this...

Read article at:http://www.psacard.com/articles/article_view.chtml?artid=3910&universeid=314