View Single Post
Old 08-09-2014, 11:59 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Hi Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstudeba View Post
......Ted bought the card pictured without knowing it was different than a usual N321 pack issued card. It is a great vintage piece which he might have bought anyway but he didn't have all the information when he purchased it mainly because SGC slabbed it incorrectly.

As previously mentioned these were brought to the hobby by Terry Knouse years ago and many can be seen on David Rudd's page here.

As for taking a hobbyists word for something, the TPGs would do well to take Mark Macrae's word for anything. I am sure there is something in cards he doesn't know, but if he doesn't know it you can bet that the TPGs don't know it.

For other hobbyists, myself included, I definitely can see your point about getting other points of view, but not with Mark Macrae.

It was great meeting and chatting with you at the National.

Your 1st statement here is quite true......I would have bought it anyway. And, it was acquired at a reasonable price, too.
This N321 "card" fits quite well into my 19th Century type card collection.

Regarding your 2nd statement here....according to David Rudd's site, these "cards" may be unique in the hobby....do you
agree with this ?

Finally, I certainly agree with you that Mark Macrae's knowledge of things in this hobby is vast and virtually impeccable.

TED Z

Last edited by tedzan; 08-10-2014 at 01:38 PM.