View Single Post
Old 03-30-2011, 02:51 PM

Default Uncut 1952 Topps sheets – Need your help?

After reading George Vrechek’s article on the printing process for 1952 Topps cards (http://www.oldbaseball.com/refs/5253printing.html), I’ve become inspired to see if I can’t add anything to the knowledge of the printing for this set.

My plan was to see what pictures/description I could find on uncut 1952 Topps sheets and so far, I’ve collected 12 pictures on uncut sheets. I’ll post them at the bottom for those that are interested. These come almost exclusively from auction houses over the last 5 years or so – but I know there are more out there. (I know 3 sheets exist for the high numbers for example, but I have not seen any pictures.)

If you have any other pictures of uncut 1952 sheets (no matter how small!), would you mind sharing them with me?

You can post on this thread or if you prefer to remain anonymous, please feel free to send me an email at: patrick_prickett@yahoo.com. Pictures would be preferred (as I’m trying to figure the layout issue), but if you don’t wish to provide that, even a description of what you have/seen would be helpful.

THANK YOU!
Patrick

Ps - Here are the sheets I’ve been able to find so far:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1952 proof sheet.jpg (74.3 KB, 682 views)
File Type: jpg 1952 brown Sheet.jpg (28.7 KB, 676 views)
File Type: jpg 1952 damestri sheet.JPG (49.2 KB, 680 views)
File Type: jpg 1952 Lemon sheet.JPG (64.4 KB, 675 views)
File Type: jpg 1952 mize Sheet.jpg (59.5 KB, 672 views)