View Single Post
Old 02-14-2013, 07:56 AM
Banned

If you want proof of this 'homerism' in the hobby, just go to another site where someone gives an article on SGC, touting its credentials in autograph authentication (there are some?)

Then in the comment section below, someone asks if their autographs are going to be worth the same with an sgc cert as opposed to the other big two companies.

The article writer then chimes in and says that SGC is a brand name and they should be on par with psa and jsa in that regard. So it's psa, jsa, and SGC.

Remember SGC "hasn't even started yet" according to some, but to give them praise is allowable and expected, but to question and have criticism is not allowed!!!!!!!!! Funny world, isn't it?

I then go to the comment section and ask this same editor "how can you call them on par when they are a card grading service only and have NO autograph authenticating experience at all prior to announcing they are now accepting autographs for authentication?" I then go on to say that Betty Crocker is a brand name, but if they started authenticating autographs, how does that make them credible in that regard? SGC grades cards.

Guess what? I got no response and that is typical. the article writer was breaking his arm responding to the first poster who asked if sgc authentications would be worth as much as psa and jsa, because he wanted to make sure to "prime the pump" and tell people not to worry, that sgc authentications will be on par with the others.

But when someone asks a tough question, he follows the company line, which is prevalent within the autograph hobby, and clams up, and doesn't answer. Because he HAS NO ANSWER for this question, it is out of bounds, and it is a question that should be buried because it questions the status quo, where only certain companies are allowed to drink out of the trough and wet their beak so to speak, and others who are not connected into the "program" get shut out and can't get any publicity.

A lot of people here know this is true but won't admit it because they don't want to be on the "outs" with the people who have the power to influence the collector. So they shut up too and go along with the gravy train that is set up for some and not for others, and it's by design. And the people that agree with me are afraid to post too out of fear of retaliation, but they send me a PM or an email telling me they agree. There are only a few who aren't afraid to tell the truth on the public forums.

Disclosure--, i am not an authenticator for jsa or auction house, or psa, and i don't take consideration from any of these, I authenticate for myself only and for a few friends who know where to go to get an honest, accurate opinion on boxing autographs.

Last edited by travrosty; 02-14-2013 at 08:07 AM.