View Single Post
Old 05-20-2015, 11:23 AM
M.att C H A R L T O N

We lost the family cat, Bandit, about two years ago. It was my parents cat but we all stopped by the house all the time and grew up with him. My brother Drew went around to the shelters and put up fliers everywhere. About a week later a man that lives a few blocks over showed up with some terrible news. You see we have quite a coyote problem in Austin. He found Bandit the morning he went missing. The guy was an honorable dude. He buried my cat in his backyard and planted a bush to mark were he was buried.

I'm sorry if this is where it gets a little worse.

My brother Drew loved that cat more than anything. Except maybe teaching Algebra. I was fully expecting him to blow a gasket when he found out the news. After what had to be a stressful day teaching 12 year olds how to factor, I had to tell him. I was seriously ready to have to subdue him. He surprised me and sat down with a solemn look on his face and sighed. He was obviously very upset. He handled himself amazingly. Until that point I had still seen my little brother as a kid. I still saw the 28 year old 6'5/200 man with 2 degrees as a child and had expected him to act like one.

We lost Drew a few months later. On teacher appreciation day. I talked to him the night before and everything was fine. The Medical Examiner determined Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy. The way that Drew dealt with the death of our cat in an odd way helped me through the past year or so. I was still completely devastated. Lost my job, withdrew from society, etc... Until recently I havent done anything but take a few Community College classes. This site has given me the opportunity to interact and feel human again. I love talking cards, or anything else.

Thanks for all the information that I have received from y'all. Thank you for reading.