View Single Post
Old 03-07-2024, 03:26 PM
Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyCoxDodgers3B View Post
Thr longer you pay attention to it, you'll see certain players from your second to fourth categories move from tier to tier. It happens on occasion. There was a time where Abbaticchio and Maloney came up more often so as to fit one category above.

Then, there's the story the late Steve Kennedy once told me. Conrad Anderson used to set up at shows with all his 3x5s. Steve said he had a three or four inch thick stack of Cicottes for $5 each. Wonder where they all went?!
Thanks so much for sharing. My lists are an effort to be a sort of average of my experiences over the past 4 years of searching. Maloney is a great example. I used to think he was fairly easy, and now I'm not so sure -- because when I first started looking there were several options available on the market. Actually there are three available on eBay right now, but the price is higher than the scarcity, in my opinion. So they sit there like overpriced T206 commons.

Cicotte certainly isn't difficult, but people will pay $300+ for a nice one. He is on the easy side of expensive, so to speak. Like a Hall of Famer who lived a long time. Sam Crawford is a good comp for him in terms of price and availability.

www.instagram.com/signedT206/
@SignedT206

Last edited by T206Collector; 03-07-2024 at 03:27 PM.