View Single Post
Old 02-02-2008, 07:35 PM
Administrator

Default Open letter to STAT and Christopher Morales

Posted By: <b>Richard Simon</b><p>Micah - I am not associated with big auction houses because the major authenticators who work for auction houses are all backed by million dollar advertising campaigns. This has created a hierarchy in the mind of the collecting public, which thinks that the leading authentication company is the be all and end all of the hobby. I am sure that many people on this board have read many of the stories about them. I am sure that many of the people on this board disagree with the public perception of this company.<br />I worked with Shelly , that is certainly true. We did not form a business partnership but we worked together. <br />But so has Tim Fitzsimmons. Does that name ring a bell? Tim was the head FBI agent in Operation Bullpen. He will vouch for Shelly to anyone in this hobby. That was why I worked with Shelly. If he was good enough for Tim Fitzsimmons then he was good enough for me.<br /><br />ps. Lelands does not use outside authenticators. Mike Hefner and Josh are two of the top people in the country regarding knowledge of autographs, and I would trust their opinion on autographs over anyone else.<br /><br /><br />I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.<br />Unknown author <br />--<br />We made a promise. We swore we'd always remember.<br />No retreat baby, no surrender.<br />The Boss