View Single Post
Old 01-23-2011, 09:21 PM

Default The Hunt Keeps it Interesting!

Tbob,
I have to agree with you that the Lajoie in red is one of the tougher E98 colors to find. I have only seen 2 of them before, the one you showed and the one that I have. I had mine, sold it with many other E98s that I had at the time to fund my Cobb with an Old Put Back purchase, and then bought it back earlier last year. I wish I had some insight to why certain E94s, E98s, or any other cards with certain front color variations are harder to find than others, but I don't. I just know that in my experience, cetain ones are definately harder than others. As for E98s, there are certain cards that are very scarce with certain colors including some with blue, green , or orange backgrounds. Of course when I say scarce, I mean that I have never; or at least seldom seen them come up for sale with that color background. Many of the ones which I think are scrace may be tucked away in collections somewhere and not really scarce, but they just never appear. I wish there was a way for the Registries to document the populations of the different colored backgrounds, but I guess crazy , insane E98 lovers like me would be the only ones to want such wacky information
Here's mine, best of luck finding one tbob and I wish myself luck on finding the ones that are not on my E98 Color Registries.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScannedImage-40.jpg (71.6 KB, 197 views)