View Single Post
Old 05-22-2009, 01:08 PM

For most endeavors, from athletics to school to hobbies, taking a periodic break is productive to the endeavor. PGA golfers often comment that if they play year round they get burned out and their game suffers. Taking a break where they don't even think about golf improves their golf game. I'm sure there were times when Albert Einstein was sick of nuclear physics and Michelangelo sick of painting. And that can be a good time for a PGA golfer's break.

My dad, who was successful, thought little and was even suspicious of people who never took breaks or vacations. He said it was harmful not helpful to their productivity and work and he often doubted they were working hard or well all those 'after hours' anyway. He considered a vacation or break as something entirely free from work. He thought a vacation where a worker is in constant contact with boss (via phone, email, fax) to be a dubious vacation, and not good for the worker or company. So if you were to ask my dad if taking a break is okay, you can bet what his answer would be.

Last edited by drc; 05-22-2009 at 01:50 PM.