View Single Post
Old 11-19-2011, 04:12 PM
Alex

Default What is the future for unopened packs?

Hey everyone, I was thinking about collecting unopened packs. There are a lot of discussions out there about this topic but a large amout of them are outdated. Just wanted to try to stir up a conversation and maybe learn something new. I know many packs are resealed and The Baseball card Exchange is probably the most reputable dealer of unopened packs. I was wondering about the packs on ebay and grading. Is it worth taking a risk of buying sealed packs on ebay from a seller with 100% feedback? If I sent in to grading should I send to GAI or PSA? Ive heard PSA cases damage the pack but GAI is known to grade resealed packs from time to time. So which one is better, or is it better to leave it ungraded?

Also, what about modern packs? I know some product is expensive in particular 03-04 Basketball and early 2000 wax for Baseball. Will Modern product ever be in such a high demand as vintage, as it becomes harder to find? Unopened wax is an interesting area of Sports Cards to collect that often does not receieve the publicty that it should. What do fellow collectors think about unopened packs?

Alexander