View Single Post
Old 12-24-2014, 07:30 AM
Russ

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.P.Johnson View Post
Won a lot of 6 slabbed cards on ebay last week. The cards arrived today, and one of the slabs was cracked on the top.

I'm assuming the slab was cracked during shipping (USPS), as the ebay scan does not show the crack.

The ebay seller does not accept returns.

If I open up an ebay "buyer protection" case for the broken slab, how will ebay handle this??? Will they tell me I'm "screwed" because the seller doesn't accept returns??? Will they ask the seller to take ALL the cards back??? Will they ask the seller to take the ONE card back because it was broken during shipping??? If so, how will ebay determine the amount of refund I will receive for the item as it was a "lot" of 6 cards. I mean, will they divide the amount I paid by 6 and refund that amount???

Thank you in advance for any responses/advice/assistance...
This has happened to me before. I simply paid the small $5 fee to have the card re-slabbed by SGC.

No big deal. Sometimes you need to fix your own problems rather than blame someone or expect someone else to fix them. To me things like this just come with the territory of buying cards through the mail.