Thread: T
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2018, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandimanAuctions View Post
Chris,

You can call it whatever you want, but for the most part, bullying is the correct term for what has transpired on this forum. That's fine. We have thick skin and can handle attacks from bullies. We have received some great supportive pm messages, emails, and phone calls. So not all bad.

I know you are dying to know what happened with the famous e-check so here's what actually happened. The e-check didn't bounce. We placed a stop payment on it with our bank when we found out that the owners of that company are apparently sharing our personal information without our permission. We won't do business with a company that is willing to hand out their customers personal information like that without their permission. Would you?

Daniel
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinMike View Post
I'm curious about this. I'm unsure of how the timing worked out. How long does it take an e-check to clear the bank of the person who sent it? How did you find out the owners of the company are sharing personal information? Is it posted on their site such that you should have seen it before you made the deal? How long after you sent the e-check did it take you to find out about the dissemination of your personal information? Is it ethical to back out of a deal after the fact like you did?

But the most important question is, if you won't do business with a company that hands out your personal information (and apparently feel strongly enough to cause you to claim you reneged on the deal), would you do business with a company that willingly accepts, nay, asks for personal information about other people without their knowledge?

From the thread Candiman Auctions Explained (http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=252144), post #18:

Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Hopefully that company will post its side of the story, and we can judge for ourselves.

I may be the lucky recipient of the cancelled e-check,

Here's the timeline....
$7400 worth of lots were won on 3/13/2018....
Sent non paying bidder alert on 3/17/2018....
Paypal payment of e-check sent on 3/20/2018...
Noticed Paypal payment cancelled on 3/27/2018...

AFTER E-CHECK PAYMENT WAS CANCELLED
I advised other ebay users I know, what his ebay ID, name and location was so they can block the ebay id..

Last edited by RockledgeSportsCards; 04-02-2018 at 02:17 PM.