View Single Post
Old 12-17-2014, 01:50 PM
Larry More.y

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
I had started a thread about this card, but realized it would fit in nicely here, so I cut and pasted it:

If you look at 1972 Topps #209, Joe Rudi, some of his cards appear with varying lengths of a line (hair? crack in the printing plate?) emanating from the left of his name at bottom. (These are all ebay screen grabs.) In the first, there is just a bit of a line apparent. The second shows a much longer line, and the third features this anomaly crossing through Joe and eventually reaching the top white border. It's a little tough to see in the lo-res pic, but just follow the curving line from the bottom on up and you'll see what I mean. It is also worth noting that the first and third cards also feature what I would call an 'iron burn' on the front of the card. It's a triangular dark area and looks as if someone burnt the card while ironing it. It's most prominent in the third card, where the line intersects it below Rudi's elbow.

Attachment 171523
Nice find Darren....any idea if the card below Rudi on the original full sheet has the continuation of this line along it's top edge, as it looks as though on the 3rd image you posted that the line would continue onto the card below?

Last edited by savedfrommyspokes; 12-17-2014 at 01:51 PM.