View Single Post
Old 10-23-2023, 11:40 AM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
Haha you are still treating subjective things like they're provable facts or something. I said Pettitte was an all-time Yankee because he is. How do I know that? Because the franchise retired his number and put a monument of him in Monument Park.

You took that to mean there is some kind of starting nine or something that A-Rod belongs to and it's absurd to say he doesn't. But that has nothing to do with who fans consider to be all-time players for their franchise. Because once again, something like retiring someone's number or seeing them as an all-time player for your team is determined by the fan base and not stats.
I see we're doing the shift since you can't explain not being able to read the second clause, as usual.

We all know A-Rod is an all-time great Yankee and by far their best 3B. Your reformulation here is that "A-Rod is not because he isn't retired and Pettitte is because he is retired" - no shit, we know A-Rod hasn't had his number retired, Sherlock . The discussion is whether or not he should be or it is reasonable for him to expect to be.