View Single Post
Old 12-05-2017, 11:45 AM
John

The first 3 came to mind right away: ’35 Nagurski, N302 Mayo Dunlop/Anonymous, ’65 Namath

But I think the 4th one could be just about anything. A '57 Unitas is a nice safe choice, but I could see an argument for any card already mentioned - one card I thought of that I don't think anyone else threw out is the '89 Score Barry Sanders (I kind of think of it as football's analog to the Griffey Jr rookie). I’ll take the ’48 Leaf Bednarik because its a high numbered card from an iconic set. (I eliminated the Jim Brown rookie just on the aesthetics of that card and set design, but I'd be fine with Chris's suggestion of the '59 Bazooka.)

My card picks don’t overlap with my pro football Mount Rushmore though. In that case I’d say: Lawrence Taylor, Don Hutson/Jerry Rice, Sammy Baugh/Otto Graham, Jim Brown if starting point is 1920/Jim Thorpe if starting point is the beginning of time. I wanted to have at least one defensive player and not have two players at the same position, so odd as it sounds if I really had to pick 4, I wouldn't have Brown or Rice (Thorpe, LT, Hutson, Baugh). Jeff mentioned the '33 Thorpe already. I think the '55 AA Hutson and '48 Leaf Baugh (there's that set again) are nice too as possible 4ths.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 48_Bednarik_Front_3.jpg (77.8 KB, 123 views)

Last edited by TanksAndSpartans; 12-05-2017 at 04:03 PM.