View Single Post
Old 11-20-2018, 09:26 AM
(DJ) Rich.ard.s

Quote:
Originally Posted by mintacular View Post
I think the people who keep saying that they have the "right" to list the cards at whatever price they choose fail to account for the fact that these listings are clogging up all the major websites (eBay, COMC, etc.) and yes while there are ways to screen them out, why do we have to bend over backwards to do so? Imagine going into a grocery store to buy a can of soup for $2 and is is buried behinds 50 cans of Dean's Split Pea listed at $8, $10 and you have to dig around /spend the time to find the one or two reasonably priced ones at the back of the shelf?
I think the idea of this analogy isn't bad except for the fact the cards you are looking for are not hidden behind Dean's. You don't have to move Dean's out of the way to get to your purchase. Dean's, 707's, etc show up in the same way on the shelf (your search) as the cheaper option. Instead what I think you are looking at is more akin to finding the 1 foot section of generic soup when it is between the 8 foot section of Campbell's and the 8 foot section of Progresso. All three types are in front of you, but your eyes see the bigger name companies with more space a lot easier than the small company with little space.
E92 Red Crofts - Anyone especially Barry, Shean, and Evers