View Single Post
Old 05-30-2010, 02:45 PM
Dave Johnson

Default Any Good Golf Card Picks ups Lately?

Just checking as it has been really slow here on this board. There has been a lot of really good material on ebay, both graded and ungraded lately. A lot of PSA Jones and Hagen cards, many are the tougher large issues etc. Seems like the selling prices have been very cheap. In many cases 50-60% of SMR. This is a large decrease of just a few months ago.

I am Curious as to what others out there might think is the reason? Here are a few of my guesses/observations.....

1- Time of year?
2- Depressed Economy/market
3- Much material comes out of Europe and they are taking a beating recently
4- Too many folks spend to much on REA Auction!
5- Stuff is just overpriced?

Personaly I think it is a great time to buy, but like always if you have money to spend and stuff is seemingly going in-expensively, well then it seems like a good deal to you the buyer.

I for one have picked up a LOT of raw and graded stuff over the last few weeks, almost all of it items I did not own, such as Williards Chocolates, Ogdens cards in particular and a few other odds and ends.

I also noted that there seems to be some new folks hopping into the PSA Set Golf Card Registries. I hope that continues. It is always good to see some new collectors getting into golf cards and the opportunities it provides for me to meet new people in the hobby.