View Single Post
Old 06-05-2005, 10:11 AM
Administrator

Default Scenario~Your Opinions

Posted By: Rhett

I hate to say it, but the fact remains that the auction description stated that the card was short (but it was the auctioneers opinion that it wasn't trimmed). And to be honest, apart from Old Judges, I have NOT seen many short cards residing in SGC holders-regardless of what they say they will grade. In instances like the one with the auction house, generally the bidding is sparse, and if somebody wants to take the chance on the item, it is usually almost implied that it is at their own risk. I am not saying that Lew handled things perfect, or even the way he should have. However, if the card had come back fine from the grading company, would you have shared your profits with Lew? It seems to me that you took a chance on a possibly trimmed card, and it didn't pay off. It was Lew's opinion that the card was factory cut short, SGC believes it was trimmed--I can't say (without seeing it) that one is for sure correct over the other.

This is NOT what happened in this case, but I sold something on ebay a while back clearly listed as trimmed, but when the buyer got the card, he waited a few months, then tried to get it graded. When it was rejected, he wanted his money back. Needless to say, I was pissed, and felt no obligation to give him money. Lew may be feeling the same way about this case.