View Single Post
Old 08-13-2017, 07:09 AM
Arnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
Under the new rules it's possible to have a 2 pitch inning. You could intentionally walk someone without throwing a pitch, get a double play on the next pitch, and then get the next guy out on the first pitch too. Never would have thought a 3 pitch inning could be beaten, but now it could.
EDIT: Sorry, I wrote this before I saw the posts above that made my point. My bad. You guys beat me to it.

Technically you could have a NO pitch inning. You could intentionally walk a guy, and pick him off first base. Then two more guys could be intentionally walked, and they could be picked off base too. In fact, if you intentially walk two guys, a pitcher could pick one off and then have the other one try to take an extra base while thats happening and have a fielder throw him out, thereby making it a no pitch inning and the pitcher only threw the ball twice to first base to get 3 outs. Take it to the ultimate, intentially walk the bases loaded, pick one guy off, and the fielders get two more outs due to bad baserunning by the other men on base, and the pitcher only threw once to first base and 3 outs have been gotten, and no pitches have been thrown!!

Last edited by dabigyankeeman; 08-13-2017 at 07:11 AM.