View Single Post
Old 12-17-2018, 03:09 PM
Adam Yastrzemski

Shoeless Moe

The Cure is the Harold Baines of......well you get it.
and what the HELL is Roxy Music??????

Hi everyone. After reading this post I wanted to make my first ever post on the board to talk about this. Since I was 13, my favorite band is The Cure. If you don’t enjoy their music - that’s your opinion. No performer’s music is for everyone. The Cure has produced a ton of albums, had a lot of billboard hits, have a strong legion of fans and this is their 40th anniversary as a band so they are doing something right. Glad they made it.

I have also been a long time supporter of Harold Baines and Lee Smith. Smith’s accomplishments as baseball’s greatest reliever for several years stands on its own. Baines put up some pretty impressive career numbers. My support for Baines is largely based on the assumption that if there were no strikes in 1981 and 1994 and he had that time back he would have 3000 hits and 400 home runs and there would be no question of his accomplishments. His numbers are better than Tony Perez for comparison to a current member. I take issue with the sportswriters who didn’t see this and vote for him when he was on the ballot.

To me, the 2019 inductees have earned their spots and are deserving of the honor and the institutions are better for having them.