Thread: Ruth or Jordan?
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2016, 07:23 AM

Default Ruth or Jordan?

I know this is the last answer you want to hear given the nature of your question, but I think it's entirely dependent on what the Ruth item is. And given that you've only let a few people see it or even know of its existence, my concern for you is that you are overestimating its desirability and it won't be worth what you think it is.

Or that what you think is a solid connection and provenance to Ruth and the Yankees won't be considered the same by the market and it'll end up going for less than you personally value it (unless you put a reserve on it). I would think based on your description that the Jordan jersey is a little bit more of a known entity in all those areas (provenance, value, etc.).

So although I would certainly seek out an alternative which doesn't force me to sell either, if you have to sell, I would sell the Jordan and keep the Ruth.

Curious though, I don't understand your concern with sharing what the item is if you're considering selling? Wouldn't gauging and building anticipatory interest be a good thing from a sale standpoint, and indeed help you answer this very question? I'm not following the perceived value gained by being "fresh to market?" Unless you think duplicates of the item may exist and the value lies in being the first to sell?

Regardless, good luck with your decision!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by mattjc1983; 08-13-2016 at 07:24 AM.