View Single Post
Old 08-19-2018, 07:28 PM
T!.m H.
Tim Hu,nt

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
Agreed. There's a lot of scenario's, here's another. Let's say you have an unscrupulous seller (geez, that never happens ) and he reports a card stolen, but he made up the story for insurance purposes. That card is later traded/sold via private transaction by the seller who reported it stolen and then the card is sold a time or two even after that. Then the original seller who reported the card stolen finds out who currently owns it and says, "Wait a minute. That was my card. I reported it stolen. Here's the police report." And if I may borrow from part of your scenario, let's say the buyer saved 3 years of his card budget ($30K), why should he be out of $30K because of some fraudulent seller? I'm sorry, but just because someone reports something stolen DOES NOT make it theirs once the item turns up. You're right, it's not always that black and white.

I, too, am not implying that anything like that happened in this case, but there are too many scenarios to say just because someone reports something stolen and it later turns up that it should be returned to the one that reported it stolen.
I believe in that case if the original seller was paid by his/her insurance company, technically the card would belong to the insurance company not the original seller.... Though I would think that by blowing the whistle on it the original seller may open himself up to some unwanted legal scrutiny...
Successful B/S/T deals with asoriano, obcbobd, x2dRich2000, eyecollectvintage, RepublicaninMass, Kwikford, Oneofthree67, jfkheat, scottglevy, whitehse, GoldenAge50s, Peter Spaeth, Northviewcats, megalimey, BenitoMcNamara, Edwolf1963, mightyq, sidepocket, darwinbulldog, jasonc, jessejames, sb1, rjackson44, bobbyw8469, quinnsryche, Carter08, philliesfan and ALBB, Buythatcard and JimmyC so far.