View Single Post
Old 02-01-2019, 07:05 AM
J0hn Collin$

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagebaseballcardguy View Post
John, you and I have had this discussion a couple of times [emoji1787] As you know, I have dabbled in prewar a couple of times at least. However, I have learned that I enjoy postwar collecting more...especially 1950s baseball. For the most part, it is more affordable for me, and I get more of what I want. To me, the players of the late 40s through the early 60s are larger than life. I am also a set builder by nature (although I have quit set building a few times and can quit again anytime I want [emoji3]), and I like the 50s sets for that. I have also branched off into postwar football the last couple of years, and I am having a blast with that as well! There are some great sets and colorful characters to be found there!

Dabble or specialize. Team collect, player collect, type collect, set collect, collect stars only, etc. Do what you like, and then show it off!! I like to see what drives other collectors.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
We have, and clearly it's something I can't quite get off of my mind. Here lately I will tell you I have been way more interested in early 70's stars and RC's for some reason than anything else. I guess all collecting could be thought of as changing seasons, or at least for some people. From last year back at least probably 5-7 years I didn't care much at all about 70's cards and didn't have anything noteable in my collection. Weird.