View Single Post
Old 01-23-2018, 12:10 PM
Ran-jodh Dh.ill0n

A few things I want to say about this set:

I didn't know that Bazooka made a smaller box for these cards. I always thought that all the Bazooka boxes from this period were of the same size and that kids would just buy these gums individually and a lucky one in the end would be given the empty box by the store owner. So the only way to get your hands on these cards was to purchase a sealed box, correct? How much did the box cost? Anyone have a clue?

Now I agree that these cards look awesome, but I hate how almost all of them are portrait shots. The Jim Brown card is awesome because it is an action shot and Bazooka should have included more action shots in this football set.

And speaking of the Jim Brown card, I would love to own one, but the people listing them on eBay are asking for INSANE amounts of money for theirs. Now I don't mind overpaying a little for it, but I am not going to spend thousands of dollars for it. I have seen beautiful ungraded examples selling for less than $1,000 USD at auction.