View Single Post
Old 08-07-2018, 06:38 AM
Scott
Scott All.en

"When a card sells, and we sell over 1,000 cards a day......."

He has his own excellent website. He has a huge inventory. He markets his cards extremely well - eBay, COMC, and Amazon. In short, I think he's a good businessman, and I believe he actually does sell 1000 cards a day.

I learned a long time ago that when you run a business you're better off choosing one of these three ways to compete: best price, best service, or best product. Choose one of the three and really try to excel at that. Dean seems to be leaning towards the product aspect - he offers more cards than any other dealer. But he's also pretty good at the service end as well. His website is really well done. But in order to benefit from his product and service you're gonna pay more!

Ask yourself this: If you asked your wife to buy you a certain card online, wouldn't Dean's website be the best place to send her? No PayPal account required. No eBay account required. Just pick the card and pay for it like you're buying a book on Amazon.

And no, I do not work for Dean! But people on this board rip the guy at least a few times a year - every single year. But take a minute and understand the business model he's set up. It's probably not designed for the collector who scours eBay looking for the best price, but give the guy a break - he must be doing something right!