View Single Post
Old 02-03-2017, 06:41 AM
Deron Manndel

Well I responded to the claim before seeing the additional responses here about not divulging too much information or not offering advice and my response was probably a little too wordy than it should have been but I don't believe I said anything damaging. Besides what you all recommended, I suggested that he contact his local police department and/or post office.

His response was, "The local police or Post Office can't and won't do anything about this. I would prefer the cards but will accept a full refund but nothing less."

Apparently he didn't even try and he's sounding more demanding now. It's just a $30-something dollar lot of cards but I'm standing my ground. I don't do a large volume of sales on eBay so the few sales I do complete, I'd prefer to keep the money, lol.

My response to his last response above was simply, "I'm sorry, but USPS tracking indicates the package was delivered on January 6th, 2017 at 5:25 PM."

Something similar happened to me a couple months ago which is why I am not backing down on this one. I sold a $40 PSA graded card and shipped the same way to Illinois. A couple weeks later the same thing happened - buyer opened a claim stating the item was never received. Tracking on that one showed that it was scanned "Out for Delivery" but never scanned as "Delivered." I contacted the post office out in Illinois and they apologized and said that due to the cold temperatures their carriers were having issues with the batteries in their scanners dying on their routes. I figured I was screwed and refunded that guy even though I felt that was a complete scam. I was telling that story (not complaining at all, just making conversation when I was there to ship more cards) to the postal worker at my local post office a few weeks ago and she said that was not handled properly at all by the post office in Illinois and that was a poor excuse. She got their postmaster involved and they were actually extremely helpful and were following up on it for me, however, I haven't heard anything in several days about a possible resolution. The effort was still nice.

I'll let you all know how this one shakes out...