View Single Post
Old 06-03-2018, 11:10 PM
Tim Hadley
Tim Ha.dley

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian1961 View Post
Sounds as if you're off to a terrific start, Tim. Nice going, bro. May I kindly stress to key on striving for a good player photo, even if a border or two was removed "in the distant past."

If you are serious about my book, bro, I'll direct you to the press release:

Google search the title, Never Cheaper By the Dozen. As you will see, the 480-page book is an E-book on a CD. You read it on your computer by inserting the disk into the disk drive of your computer and finding it on your "My computer" icon. I sell it from my home for $30 postpaid. The purchasing details, along with my mailing address, are at the end of the press release.

Or, you can choose a cheaper route. Amazon now offers a digital download for only $9.99.

Personally, I love the disk, but I recognize many here use their devices to read their Kindle books, so I'm now with "cutting edge technology".

I think you will enjoy the book, bro. One thing our hobby never did was produce many books about specific genres of cards, et al. Baseball / sports history of all kinds and biographies---oh yeah. Price guides have been around every year since 1979. But books about specific sets---forget it. My guess is that it was too much work to be worthwhile. I sure haven't sold as many copies as I thought collectors would have wanted, but sometimes guys just want all their info handed to them for free, or spoon fed, or something sarcastic along that line. Look, with as much interest as you have, wouldn't you want to devour anything you could get your hands on about this difficult set you wish to collect? I know I sure as anything would.

One of the problems that I encountered in researching my book was finding veterans collectors and current collectors who were willing to divulge what they knew. Many just wanted to keep that precious information to themselves. It might "hurt them" if others found out the juicy secrets and uncommon info they knew about a given set I was covering. That's human nature, and to be honest, that is precisely how I was when I voraciously collected the regional / food. I did not wish to create more competition for these beautiful, tough-to-get items. However, the cat's out of the bag, now, so to speak. In your case, a bunch of collectors are working on the '62 JELL-O, for they also know how tough they are, particularly a complete box.

Well, 'nuf said. Take care. Got to go.

One final thing. My editor and I declined the paper print on demand route for my book production---way too expensive!

----Brian Powell
Lol, I was going to ask about a paper print as I'm pretty old. I think the cd would be my best option It's funny how you describe the other collectors of this set, I have found that they guard their information like it's gold in Fort Knox. Fortunately, even though the complete boxes are pretty cool, I have no interest in them....can't explain why.