View Single Post
Old 08-14-2017, 04:21 PM
€dw@rd Sk€£t0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
Thanks Al. I wanted to comment on the Max Bid feature, as I am the one who brought it up above in the comments. You are at the top of the list of AHs I have no qualms using it. In fact I used it liberally for the last auction. However, I do wish auctions didn't end in the wee hours and where I could just stay up and bid like I do on eBay and elsewhere and not have to put in an automatic bid just in case some due on the West Coast want to try to steal one while I'm asleep.
Hey Steve,

I wanted to point out that this auction closed at 6:30 am EST, which was 3:30 am PST. It wasn't really helpful to me on the west coast to have this closing time. It seems to me that the closing time helped the east coast more than the west. Of course, it would be next to impossible to predict that those on the east coast could go to bed, get up at 6:00 am, and continue bidding, but it isn't really a benefit to be on the west coast all the time either (like never having any big shows here). I happened to wake up at 2:30 to hit the head, and noticed that I had lost out on a bid in Memory Lane, which had closed, while I was asleep. It isn't always greener on the other side of the fence. Just an observation from the other side.

Ed

Collecting PCL, Southern Association, and type cards.
http://hangingjudgesports.com