View Single Post
Old 09-17-2017, 10:01 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless Moe View Post
Well when you receive a large check form an auction house your opinion isn't exactly neutral.

And what makes me a bad customer?
I received a check based on what the collection sold for. It would have been similar anywhere it sold. They didn't give me anything except exceptional service.

Now if you said they are an advertiser so I am biased, then maybe you could have an argument (but I would feel the same way). However the amount of the check is irrelevant or at least not what you started out griping about. It is the time frame that is stated on their contract which you seem to have an issue with. And if I had a customer bitch publicly about my contract I wouldn't think they would be a good one for me. But everyone has their own opinion.... I am so glad I don't have to deal with people who do something willingly and then bitch and moan about it after the fact....

Oh, as far as what auction house to use, it is up to each person to pick where they want to entrust their collection. Speed of issuing the commission check is a factor. It just wasn't a big one for me. Any of our advertisers would have been good to sell the collection and Heritage did a great job .

Last edited by Leon; 09-17-2017 at 10:09 AM.