View Single Post
Old 09-17-2017, 10:47 AM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
I received a check based on what the collection sold for. It would have been similar anywhere it sold. They didn't give me anything except exceptional service.

Now if you said they are an advertiser so I am biased, then maybe you could have an argument (but I would feel the same way). However the amount of the check is irrelevant or at least not what you started out griping about. It is the time frame that is stated on their contract which you seem to have an issue with. And if I had a customer bitch publicly about my contract I wouldn't think they would be a good one for me. But everyone has their own opinion.... I am so glad I don't have to deal with people who do something willingly and then bitch and moan about it after the fact....

Oh, as far as what auction house to use, it is up to each person to pick where they want to entrust their collection. Speed of issuing the commission check is a factor. It just wasn't a big one for me. Any of our advertisers would have been good to sell the collection and Heritage did a great job .
Again you received a fat check from them so obviously you are happy with them as would I and I'd be defensive as you are. But are you going to censor peoples opinions because you like them or they are a sponsor. Just want to be clear what is ok and not ok to gripe about. And it really isn't an opinion, but a fact you consign with Heritage you as a consignor wait about 2 months for a check, you consign to SCP, MEARS, REA, Goldin its about a month.