View Single Post
Old 06-08-2021, 01:43 PM
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
Very nice, Chris.

Since I haven't updated this thread in a while (just monthly pickup posts) within the past few months, including just 4 days ago, I have managed to pick up these highs which now brings my number down to 22 remaining. (all highs)

I honestly never thought I'd be able to grab these cards in such a short period, but I guess I got lucky for the most part?
You are almost there! I’m going to need to make a decision on 52 topps pretty soon. There are only 6, what I have deemed “notable” players left on my needs list: Joe Nuxhall, Frank Crosetti, Billy Herman, Dick Groat, and Smokey Burgess. After that, it’s all high number commons left for me, other than that guy from Oklahoma. So, I need to decide what to do about the Mantle. If I’m never going to complete the set, do I really want to spend a few thousand dollars on commons? If I am going to go after the Mantle I need to start saving and need to sell almost all my non 52 high dollar cards to generate some cash.

I saw a decent looking PSA 1 Mantle on eBay last week for ~$35k or best offer so prices do seem to maybe be coming back down a little?

I just don’t know. Decisions decisions.