View Single Post
Old 09-01-2021, 07:27 AM
Bob Andrews

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchcollins View Post
Bob, this is good inspiration. My '67 set isn't much yet on the overall - just 113 out of 609, but that is up from about 80 cards total in March.

The SP highs I can see being quite a challenge, but luckily I'm in no hurry. I already have sprinkled in a decent mix of stars to keep me interested!
I've enjoyed the chase for the '67s. More than any other Topps set I've attempted, this one demands patience. Prices for the SPs are all over the map and I've both overpaid and underpaid depending on how elusive individual cards have been. The Colavito, for example, is just a bear to find with decent centering, at least it was for me. And I'm not a 'centering nut' by any means. But my usual rule...no part of another card can show', went out the window with Rocky.

After staring at the last hole in the binder a few weeks ago I tracked down the Carew rookie in raw form from a reputable dealer. I'm happy yo have it and to have put this thing to bed.

Good luck with your '67 quest. I's a wonderful set.

(Yes, there is border on the right side of this card, my scanner just sort of sux.

IMG_0001.jpg