View Single Post
Old 01-20-2007, 08:37 AM
Administrator

Default the price of leaving a negative feedback on ebay

Posted By: Dave

Just a side note to add to this post. I wonder if anyone realized that there are semihnars and late night infomercials that are being offered that supposedly show people how to make money on Ebay. In one seminar they focus on Sports memorabilia, cards and autographed items. A prior poster said he had 3 sellers in a row that claimed they had sick relatives or something like that and therefore were unable to ship items......that is one of the tricks that is taught in these seminars. the relative in the hospital line was the exact one that I had heard. Also many these seminars and programs encourage shill and phantom bidding...they actually tell you to sign up for as many accounts as Ebay will let you, and to have your friends sign up as well....that way you have a little network of bidders you can rely on at any given time to shill for you.
Some collector friends and I are seriously thinking about setting up our own auction webring or something like that because we are frankly sick of the shilling going on on Ebay. I'm not dissing Flea Marketers exclusively either. In prior posts I discussed how my brother and I had busted some power sellers on Ebay a couple of weeks ago for shilling on T206's, and N172 Old Judge cards. both sellers are still off of Ebay with the names they were using 2-3 weeks ago. I know setting up auctions on this site was mentioned before. Perhaps it is something that really should happen sooner, rather than later ? I for one would be willing to help in any way possible. May even be able to arrange for web hosting and such. that's my 2 cents worth anyway

signed,
sick of being shilled