View Single Post
Old 04-29-2017, 03:52 PM
Ryan Waggoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcv123 View Post
congratulations on the run! I see you have included the team cards, Aaron is on a number of the "leaders" Cards - not sure about other Braves - Any reason you left them out? Also the 1967's?, 1970's and years forward?
Good questions. I should have been more specific. My run is dedicated entirely on base cards, so league leaders and other such cards aren't included in that run. The reason I got the team cards was because it's a way of highlighting the players that didn't get their own base card.

As for the '67 set, I don't consider that a true Topps set. There's a lot of back and forth about whether Topps issued those cards, and IMO I don't believe that they did. They look nothing like any of the other VZ cards they released, and quite frankly, they look like pure knock-offs. The same can be said for any sets released in the '70's. I'm not completely sold on the idea that Topps released them, because they look radically different from the US versions. The '72s look similar, but those are stamps and not cards.

If more information comes to light about them being produced by Topps then I'll collect them, but until then I'll wait.