View Single Post
Old 01-29-2024, 03:28 PM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post

Interesting question, though, about how amazing these costs have gotten. I have only paid for one autograph signing in the last several years and it was strictly to get a rare item signed, a 1971 Dr. J rookie year team issue:
I think about this a bunch when I see people standing for hours and spending big bucks to lose money on most auto costs.

I might be acting like the "I walked up the hill both ways to school" guy, but even as a GenXer I remember thinking the 20 or whatever bucks Mantle would charge was nuts at shows in the early 80's. All my autos are from appearances or the occasional fiver from mom that Kaline would charge at the mall when I was a kid.

I have plenty of certed autos in my office, but I bought them all. The two seconds of saying hi just doesn't make it worth the premium to me.

That said, everything is worth what people are willing to pay...so if they have a line for signatures then they are charging the right price.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.