View Single Post
Old 03-05-2013, 12:28 PM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Young View Post
Agree... but I could paint and "mix things up" too. Just because it is not realism does not make it good art. That is all I am saying. If I am looking at a babe ruth painting, I want it to at least resemble a human. That is,unless it is a starry night or the scream masterpiece that has a different/deeper meaning. Paintings of baseball players I guess should capture the player in my mind. I see no other meaning in these paintingsJust my 2 cents.

Any for the record.. I didn't say I loved the Conlon painting, it is one of the ones I liked best.
1) I didn't say "mix things up", I said I like it to be mixed. I don't always like full realism. I like it toned down a bit.

2) Perez's paintings you can tell it is Ruth when it is meant to be. If you can't see the artistic talent in Perez's paintings because they aren't photo real then I am sorry you can't appreciate them.

3) How did this post get into a critique of Perez's artistic talents? I posted a pickup that I was proud of and asked if anyone else picked one up. How does any of the negative (or quasi-negative) posts pertaining to the artist help this keep the original spirit of that original post?