View Single Post
Old 03-26-2002, 08:10 PM
Administrator

Default SGC Set Registry

Posted By: Ryan Christoff

Why does everyone have a problem with SGC trying to run their business as a business? Aren't they supposed to try to make money? I think the set registry is a great idea (albeit one pioneered by PSA) for a grading company. I'm neither for or against slabbing in general, but I will say that I have more faith in SGC than in any other company. Plus they have the best holders.

For myself, I find the concept laughable, but I'm all for it being available. There is absolutely no benefit for the collector other than the ego boost. I've thought about it and keep coming back to ego being the sole motivating factor.

There are many collectors on this board who freely share their collections with us, via images posted here or having their own websites with scans of all their cards. So I can't believe that someone would need to have a "registered" set in order to be able to share it with other collectors.

I guess what I'm saying is that I am all for a business making money off of people's egos. If you want your name at the top of the "set registry" list as having the highest rated set, it'll cost you.

And it should.

-Ryan