View Single Post
Old 01-31-2003, 07:51 PM
Administrator

Default t206 Hofer's w/rare backs vs. Commons w/rare backs

Posted By: B C Daniels

given the fact price guides state this or that back is "5X" of regular issue there are lots of people who buy into that concept. Now you and I and everyone else except Quans on this board know that for a truly rare card to begin with.....oh let's say a T-206 Chesbro in NM* or a M.Brown with Cubs on shirt in NM* will command great exponents because the card regardless of the back brings a premium and a rare back in this case will raise eyebrows! I had A Matty T-206 with Broadleaf 460 back I sold to Doug Allen and surely it would have great appreciation for the back given the fact the "base" card is both popular and commands greater interest already moe over your "garden variety" Griffith or other less popular HoFer like HAL CHASE** ( just kidding because 13.6% of e-bay sellers think Prince Hal is in the Hall of Fame)but you hate when I'm kidding so back to the serious nature of Ben's question. For the most part,yes is correct but there are tons of rare exceptions like my two examples!
regards & friggin ( copyright from the T-Leon card Co., Denver Colorado ). I put that part in because you love beer* Drink Rolling Rock for best results. : )