View Single Post
Old 01-22-2024, 11:36 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by bk400 View Post
A couple of reactions. First, I think Wander Franco's situation reveals the level of desperation that occurs in developing countries. It is sad. And for Wander Franco, given his means, to take advantage of that...he's a douchebag. Actually, no. A-Rod is a douchebag. Wander Franco is something beyond that. He clearly doesn't deserve to work in the United States again.

Second, as much of an uber-douchebag that Wander Franco appears to be, he's not as dangerous as some of these MS-13 gangbangers that apparently have come into the country unimpeded recently. And I say this as a first generation American who believes that the US should generally be magnanimous toward immigrants.
It has become a big thing here but not that long ago it was pretty accepted here. Pete Rose was known to like those "hard-bellies". A lot of songs from before the 90s were about young girls. When I was in HS there was several young girls openly dating guys in their 30s and older. It is a horrible thing but it is not just a developing country problem.