View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 11:36 AM
Administrator

Default Collect by team: what team and why?

Posted By: Ken McMillan

David,

I actually collect 3 teams with a very narrow focus. First, like Jason, 1912 T207 Cubs. I am missing the 2 tough cards in Ward Miller and Vic Saier. I also collect all the Topps cubs including all errors and variations. This is a complete set up to the moment. The reason for the Cubs is they have always been my team since the late 60's. Growing up in Central Illinois, you are either a Cub fan or a cardinal fan and there is not much else.

I also Collect E121 series of 80 and 120 Yankees and Giants. The reason for this is that my great great uncle played for the Yankees in the 1921 World Series. His name was Elmer Miller. He led off the series for the Yankees and got a single being the first Yankee to ever get a hot in a world series. He was able to reach second on a sacrifice and he scored on a single off of Ruth's bat becoming the first Yankee ever to score a run in a world series. Hence the reason for a 1921 World Series collection.

Of course I also collect all varieties of Uncle Elmer's cards (10 different varieties to date)

Fun question

Kmac