View Single Post
Old 04-02-2009, 03:22 PM
Administrator

Default Collect by team: what team and why?

Posted By: J Levine

Rich,
It very well could have been me. I do live in Southern California. Frank actually did a write up on me and my collection in SCD in the late 90s. I would not call myself advanced but I was certainly using the computer to acquire cards before it became the norm for collectors. I was on the Prodigy bulletin board service in the late '80s when Prodigy would not allow buying and selling of items over their service. We used to have to have a code to buy i.e. I will give you 11 George Washingtons for you E92 Magee...

My original ebay account was dated June 1996 as well and the very first item I bought was a Father and Sons Shoes Phillie. Have not seen another on ebay since and only a handful in major auctions over the last few years. I remember no picture for it (as many did not have pics back then) but I took a chance and was very happy with the result.

Things on the computer front in terms of bargains and phillies have certainly dried up but every now and then I am surprised by something (heck, just ask Brad Green about a Phillies/A's set we cannot identify).

Joshua