View Single Post
Old 01-23-2014, 03:56 PM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakhappy View Post
Jason, it does seem odd to go from prewar to modern like you did, but I'm in the same boat. Although I haven't completed any set yet, I collect pretty much anything...from T206's to anything modern. In my opinion, it's refreshing to go back and forth from old to new...different eras and different things to appreciate about them. I love collecting VG type cards from 100+ years ago and Gem Mint cards from today...never gets old!! Good luck on your ongoing Harper collecting quest...very impressive indeed!
Agreed. It keeps things interesting to dabble in a little of everything. HOF rookies give a great mix of everything. For a while there it seemed I was strictly pre-war, because I had most modern RCs already. The minor league rookies seemed to have drug me back to modern, and somehow led me to get busy again on my Bo Jackson collection, that I haven't touched in 20+years... Collecting Bo seems to bring back so many memories of why I truly loved the hobby as a kid...I imagine Jason is getting a similar joy from his Harper collection.. Sometimes it just takes something shiny and new to make you feel like a kid again.. Hopefully Bryce's future turns out better than Bo's did.. Although, it's amazing how a guy can go from Legend, to nearly forgotten, then all of the sudden 20 years later dude's Legendary status returns... Bo items seem to have picked up a lot of steam in the past few years..