View Single Post
Old 01-23-2013, 10:08 PM
Ken Goldin

http://gfaauthenticated.com/history/

I will be contacting GFA. It certainly appears to me that GFA is subtletly trying to put 'my favorite player' and 'B+J' in the same category as 'Upper Deck ,Score Board and Tri Star ' "The Big Four". Seems like a set up to authenticate M F P and B+J product as 'authentic' doesnt it? Reads like revisionist history based on their inclusion with legitimate companies that signed players to contracts and sold only authentic material. There never was a 'big four' and B+J was never a player in the autograph business. I used to tell people 'If you see a shrink wrapped ball, stay away because it sourced from B+J and is likely fake (except for the few good ones that were occasionally salted in with the bad).
I have no problems telling this board that when i started my own company in the late 1990s early 2000s i was offered well in excess of $100,000 cash to 'bless' Posada items and I told him to F off. Then, later, those items were magically certed by GAI...all worth less then the blank photos they ruined.

I know GAI 'authenticated' thousands of items for MFP i wouldnt wipe my ass with....because I wouldnt want my ass to be effected by the bad ink on them.

I do not beleve fighting forgers is a 'lost cause' nor do i believe it is fruitless to go after storefronts who routinely sell that product. I just think its necessary to bring back some of the tactics that were successfully used in the 1991-94 era to do so.

Last edited by kengoldin; 01-23-2013 at 10:37 PM.