View Single Post
Old 04-20-2017, 09:56 AM
C@rl P@rk

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
Boom or bust really. I remember when Daisuke cards were exploding. Now you'd be lucky to find a buyer.
Yep - hence the "lotto tickets" heading. I got these for $15 each right before sales started closing in the $75-$100 range for the cards on the left and right in my picture. Not much for speculation, so $15 seemed about right for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bn2cardz View Post
It will be interesting to see how his future unfolds. Not that I believe this would happen, but if he can hold the type of numbers here I would love to see him be a relief pitcher with a regular fielding position so that you can effectively use a double switch in later inning games and not lose his bat.
That would be cool - I imagine he'd want to play on the west coast, and I assumed he'd end up with an AL team like the Angels or Mariners, that could theoretically DH him four days a week and let him start the fifth day. What's interesting from what little I know is that his move to MLB is predicated on being allowed to play both ways. So it seems that, at least at first, he'll definitely play two ways. That'll certainly inject a little fun into the old ballgame if he does it and is successful.