View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westsiders View Post
I don't have the cert...but the card company does. But again, this card company has been around for a long time and is very reputable, so I'm confident that JSA has certified this auto, but I'm not sure that the auto is legit.

For anyone that is well versed in Ruth auto's, please let me know what you think about this auto. If suspicious, please let me know what exactly you think is problematic with the auto.

Thanks Again!
This line always scares me... Especially when big brother is watching and 2+2=5...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westsiders View Post
Vague???

I've explained the entire situation. If I had the cert I would post it. This very reputable card company assured me that it's JSA certified.

And for those asking why I don't list the card companies name....it's to protect myself. If I came in here blasting this card company, what leverage would that leave me with? Remember, I'm still waiting for the replacement card. As it stands, I'm out a lot of $$, with no Ruth auto card to show for it. The card company agreed to show me the replacement auto before puting it in a card....and that is where the auto (photo'd) comes from. They have assured me that it's JSA certified...and it would be crazy for them to falsify that (simply wouldn't do it).

Like I said, I'm new here, so maybe there underlying circumstances that I'm not familiar...but set ups?? Really?? Why in the world would I make this story up?
I try to stay out of things where I end up needing to post my name but going to give my opinion here... You should have no problem giving us the information, you're not protecting yourself or anyone "holding the name", I personally believe your intent is to deceive and you want Net54 to tell you exactly what is wrong with your forgery so you can forge another, better one and ask again. I've seen a lot of companies deal with replacements, Panini, Topps, UD - NONE OF THEM EVER gives a photograph of what they are replacing it with LET ALONE ask you if you think the autograph is good prior to it going in the card, they simply replace it (so you're telling me over hundreds and thousands of replacements they gave you priority and special treatment? I think not). There is no JSA cert on this auto, there never will be. I'm not even familiar with Ruth and even I can tell you it is a piss ass poor forgery.

You don't have a photo of this "previous" card, and your photograph is taken with a low quality camera, all the card companies have much more expensive cameras that would take better pictures (even though they didn't provide you with this one)

And you're right, it would be crazy of them to falsify statements, but I highly doubt it is them - I don't even think they are involved, I think it is you. Your photo is piss poor and comes from a cell phone. I'd suggest leaving and not coming back. The only reason you would argue with some of the most knowledgeable collector's in the hobby is because you already knew the answer (your forgery, not a card companies). Leave and don't come back.

S34N.B4551K

Last edited by Sean1125; 02-22-2013 at 04:43 AM.