View Single Post
Old 06-13-2005, 12:29 AM
Administrator

Default Crossovers - crack or not?

Posted By: ted

Don't have any experience, but if i was going to do that, i would crack a few psa's to send to SGC. I think that giving someone a blank slate rather than a pre-conceived notion is best in the spirit of obtaining a "true" grade for a card. As far as the bad blood thing, i couldn't imagine it would have any affect on the grade. The three possibilities would be to intentionally a) give it a higher grade b) give it the same grade and c) you guessed, give it a lower grade. Giving it a higher grade might seem like it would be advantageous in order to slam the previous grading company...but if a company did that on any scale whatsoever, then people are going to start recognizing the artificial nature of the grades and be driven away from the service. If they were given the same grades, well that wouldn't accomplish anything at all and c) giving it a lower grade would cause people to stop using the service for fear of loosing a great deal value in them. Thus giving the card an honest grade is the best way to go. Grading cards fairly and accurately (if there really is such a thing) would be the best way to attract clients to the service b/c dealers and collectors would see the true value of the card (Although graded cards are artificially inflated anyway).